TURNING POINT HARVEST CENTER
1. WE believe that the Holy Bible is the Inspired Word of Almighty God. That in its original form, it is inerrant and infallible.
2. WE believe that every aspect of Christian living, practice thought and endeavor must be based upon the Word of God.
3. WE believe that there is but one God who has revealed Himself in three persons--The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit. We further believe that God is sovereign, Holy, perfect and unchanging. We believe in the Genesis account of creation; that God is the source of all life and that all souls belong unto Him.
4. WE believe that man was created in the image of God, but through disobedience fell incurring both physical and spiritual death. All men are therefore born with a sinful nature and are separated from the life of God until they receive the atoning work of the Lord, Jesus Christ.
5. WE further believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God; that He was born of a virgin; that He lived a sinless life; that being without sin, He offered Himself as the sin offering to atone for and completely remit the sin of mankind.
6. WE believe that Jesus died a physical death on the cross (tree), thereby becoming a curse for mankind that the curse that rightfully came upon mankind through disobedience might be fulfilled and made of none effect.
7. WE believe that Jesus was buried and was resurrected by God on the third day, following His crucifixion. That after forty days, He ascended into heaven and is now seated at the right hand of God, the Father. Thereby Jesus is both the Author and Finisher of the Christian faith and is the ONLY Mediator between man and God.
8. WE believe it is only through unfeigned faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord that one may attain salvation. Salvation is by grace through faith and not by the outward works of any person. There is no other means under heaven given to mankind to attain salvation.
9. WE further believe that the public confession of faith in Christ must be followed by water baptism. This water baptism is to be complete immersion of the convert in water, and is to be rendered by the local presbytery. While water baptism is not a part of the spiritual regeneration process, it signifies and is a figure of the inward salvation process. It therefore, compliments the inward work of repentance and faith in the heart of man. (James 2:18)
10. WE further believe that converts (disciples) must continue in the faith in order to make their calling and election sure. This includes availing him or herself to the teaching of the Word of God, assembling and fellowshipping with other believers, diligently pursuing a Holy lifestyle and examining his/her relationship with God, Christ and fellow Christians to insure proper standing in maintained.
11. WE believe that both heaven and hell are literal places prepared for the righteous and unrighteous respectively. That God will judge all men by Christ, those believing in Him having eternal life and those who believe not, being eternally damned.
12. WE believe that all Christians should receive the Baptism in the Holy Spirit with the evidence of "speaking in tongues," as given utterance by the Holy Spirit. (Acts 2:4)
13. WE believe in the Operation (manifestation) of the gifts of the Holy Spirit as listed in I Corinthians, Chapter 12, as being for this age.